Current OpportunitiesOperations/Nursing Director
Lawrence & Memorial Hospital in Affiliation with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care
New London, Connecticut
Lawrence & Memorial Hospital (L&M) in affiliation with Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care is building a new Cancer Center in southeastern CT. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced nursing leader with strong oncology and leadership to work with this innovative community hospital and the world-renowned Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) to build the new community-based Cancer Center scheduled to open in fall 2013. For more information on this progressive hospital and renowned cancer center, visit their websites at: www.lmhospital.com and www.dana-farber.org.
The Director will:
- In collaboration with Medical Director(s), provide leadership to open the new Cancer Center.
- In a matrix reporting structure, report directly to Lauren Williams, MS, DM, RN the VPPCS/CNO at L&M and to Lori Buswell, RN, MSN, VP, Nursing and Clinical Services, Network Practices at DFCI.
- Lead the process to equip, staff, and manage the opening of the new Cancer Center facility.
- Establish clinical practice standards, protocols, policies, and procedures in collaboration with DFCI.
- Develop systems to support clinical trials.
- Develop new as well as existing programs including a second opinion clinic, genetic counseling services, and survivorship programs.
- Provide leadership while engaging others to integrate existing physicians’ practices, hospital staff, and programs within the new Cancer Center.
- License or eligibility for licensure in Connecticut.
- Bachelors and Masters Degree, one of which is in Nursing. (Current matriculation in a Masters program considered).
- Minimum five years experience managing ambulatory oncology services.
- Contemporary knowledge of professional nursing practice required.
- Oncology certification strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment with ability to facilitate integration of previously separate work groups is essential.
Peggy Loughery, Senior Associate
Phone: 610-667-1800 ext 308
Jane Fitzsimmons, Vice President