Current OpportunitiesExecutive Director, Cancer Service Line
Lancaster General Health System
Lancaster General Health (www.lancastergeneralhealth.org) is a 623-bed regional health system with a comprehensive network of care, including Lancaster General Hospital and Women & Babies Hospital. This system is ranked 53rd in 2012 Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks and holds several national distinctions for clinical quality and operational excellence.
Thrice designated a Magnet hospital for nursing excellence, LGH has been recognized regionally and nationally for its cardiovascular, intensive care and orthopedic services. Other entities include LG College of Nursing & Health Sciences, Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital, VNA Community Care Services, and LG Health Research Institute.
LG Health is a member of the Penn Cancer Network and has been affiliated with Penn Medicine since 2007. As a member of the Penn Cancer Network, LG Health has access to the vast research and technological resources of one of the nation’s foremost cancer centers. The cancer center is built on NCI model for a community care center; and in September 2011, they broke ground for a new $44M, 70,000 square foot cancer center, which will provide advanced technology and integration of cancer care under one roof.
- Executive Director will provide Leadership and Strategic Direction including Clinical Portfolio Growth across the health system
- Overall responsibility for the successful development and implementation of the cancer service line including all strategic, programmatic and operational aspects
- Serve as primary administrative liaison to the University of Pennsylvania Health System - Penn Cancer Network
- MBA or master’s degree in healthcare-related field required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of increasingly responsible experience in operational functions of a health system. Service line leadership experience is required; prior leadership experience in oncology is preferred.
- Strategic, operational, business development and system thinking skills and expertise
- Financially savvy with strong overall operational leadership capabilities and specifically extraordinary talent in working with and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to conceptualize, articulate and gain support for service line initiatives
- Highly organized with a specific orientation/focus on details while able to keep an eye on the vision/"big picture"
- Leadership style that is proactive, creative and entrepreneurial, with an ability to forecast and eliminate barriers to success
K. Nadine Weiler
Vice President, Operations
Phone: 610-667-1800 X 311