Current OpportunitiesClinical Nursing Director of Hematology/Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation
City of Hope National Medical Center
Clinical Nursing DIRECTOR OF HEMATOLOGY/HEMATOPOIETIC CELL TRANSPLANTATION
City of Hope National Medical Center (COH) is recognized worldwide for its compassionate patient care, innovative science, and translational research. COH is one of only 41 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers nationwide and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. An independent biomedical research, treatment and education institution, COH is a leader in the fight to conquer cancer, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases.
COH is ranked among the top 25 of America’s Best Hospitals in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 2012-2013. City of Hope was one of the first medical centers in the nation to perform a successful bone marrow transplant (BMT) for leukemia, in 1976. Today, City of Hope leads the field of hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and operates one of the largest, most successful bone marrow and stem cell transplantation programs anywhere, having performed more than 10,000 procedures to date.
Based on the National Marrow Donor Program annual report of center-specific survival outcomes, City of Hope is the only transplant program in the country to achieve five consecutive years of above-average survival outcome. City of Hope has received the organization’s “above expectations” rating in one-year overall patient survivorship for the past five years.
City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking a proficient oncology nursing leader to assume the position of Clinical Nursing Director of Hematology/Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT) to support the development of COH’s Inpatient and Outpatient Programs The Clinical Nursing Director Hematology/Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation (HCT) will report directly to Shirley Johnson RN, M.S., M.B.A., the Chief Nursing and Patient Services Officer at COH. The Director will also work very closely with Stephen J. Forman, M.D., chair of the Department of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation and holder of the Francis and Kathleen McNamara Distinguished Chair in Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. The Director will oversee two clinical nurse managers, one for each 36 bed unit, an Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager, (M.S.), a Manager for Nurse Coordinators and Clinical Trial Support, a Nurse Practitioner Supervisor, and Senior Administrative Support. This role is also matrixed to provide nursing leadership for donor apheresis nurses and HCT program nurses in the ambulatory care setting.
- Baccalaureate and Master’s degree required; one of which must be in Nursing.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
- Strong clinical nursing foundation in Heme/HCT in-patient/out-patient practice.
- A well poised leader with one foot in operations to lead the HCT nursing program and one foot in the future to continue to lead COH growth in the field of evidence based nursing treatment and research.
- Clinical experience in Hematology/ Oncology required and OCN, AOCN, or CPON strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of nursing practice and patient care within the Hematology/Oncology field and the ability to develop staff competencies, advance professional practice and ensure a culture of quality, safety and accountability.
Procedure for Candidacy
Send resume and salary requirements, or nominations for this position to:
M. Jane Fitzsimmons, RN, MSN, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Peggy Loughery, RN, MSN, E-Mail: email@example.com; Phone: 610-667-1800